Friday, March 18, 2016

Green

I Really want to hate Green, one of the featured IPA's from Tree House, the Massachusetts brewery that hit the beer lottery. They don't distribute, because they don't need to distribute because they are selling liquid gold. I'm not going to go through the whole rigamarole again of what happens at Tree House: the traffic cop, the rules, the soup nazi atmosphere. So go back to the Alter Ego post for more on that. What I will focus on is why I wanted to hate Green.

Listen, I have spent more then half my life being on radio or TV or some media outlet. So I understand ego with the best of them. But I got nothing on the brewers at Treehouse who actually wrote this on the can: "You are fortunate to be holding Tree House Brewing Company's Galaxy Hop Filled American IPA." Now the message goes on about how juicy it is and how many fruits you'll taste and why if you share this with your friends you might get laid, but come on: "You are Fortunate.." Am I????? Really?????????




The truth is, I am fortunate to be drinking this beer for a number of reasons: 1) It's Fucking great. 2) It's scarce (by design of course) 3) Because when I do share this with company especially company who know beer and you are trying to one up, god damn this is the bees knees. It's the LeBron of beers. 4) The lengths I had to go to to get this with no promise that I'd actually get it is worth being proud of.

Still, did they have to rub it in everyone's face? Do the Monks who make Chimay silently refer to everyone as beotches? It's a little much.




As for the Beer- it does have one of most distinct aromas on Earth. "Pineapple, Tangerine and Orange Sorbet,"says the evil can message. But it's true, all of them are wafting. Now you'd think: "Am I really fortunate to be drinking a beer that doubles as a Hawaiian Creamsicle?" The answer is yes. The aroma rivals that of a fine wine in it's complete uniqueness. The Head is thin but present and the consistency is that of a gold wheat beer. It has the look of an amber German Wit. Like Alter Ego, Tree House has somehow figured out how to have that typical IPA bite disappear quickly and not stay with you in the aftertaste. It is remarkably smooth and for me, I taste the pineapple. I have a feeling others would lean more toward the orange. In essence, I'm guessing this is a particularly complex beer. So no wonder the palate lords are in love with it. And for that, I guess I have to admit I'm fortunate to have it. It's just that I enjoy being the one who does the complimenting instead of being the person who begs to have a sip of the golden nectar.

Anyway, if the people of Tree House read this, I'll deny I was the one who wrote it and claim my blog was hacked. Love- Fortunate One

No comments:

Post a Comment